What To Do If Your Son Or Daughter Abuses Cocaine
What To Do If Your Son Or Daughter Abuses Cocaine
Taking action quickly is critical for parents who find their son or daughter abusing cocaine.
If you have suspicions or find your son or daughter abusing cocaine, time is of the essence and your swift response is critical. When a parent suspects a child abusing cocaine, it is often difficult to react rationally from the onset, as it is a shocking blow. However, knowing how to handle a drug addict child is crucial in getting him or her the best help.
No parent wants to witness a child struggle with addiction. No parent wants a drug addict son or a drug addict daughter to fall through the cracks without getting the help they need to stop abusing drugs and live a happy and healthy, productive life.
If you find your son or daughter abusing cocaine, here are some physical signs you will observe, according to National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence:
* Eyes that are bloodshot or pupils that are smaller or larger than normal.
* Frequent nosebleeds could be related to cocaine or meth abuse.
* Changes in appetite or sleep patterns, including drastic fluctuations in weight.
* Seizures without a history of epilepsy.
* Lack of effort in personal grooming, no longer caring about his or her appearance.
* Signs of impairment are also symptoms of a child abusing cocaine or another substance. This would include tremors, lack of coordination, or incoherent or slurred speech.
Behavioral signs that are indicative of your son or daughter abusing cocaine include:
* Not attending class, grades that are in decline, or getting into trouble at school.
* Lack of motivation or poor performance at work, or a lack of interest in extracurricular activities, hobbies, or sports.
* Complaints from supervisors or teachers about your child's performance at work or school.
* Missing valuables, money, or prescription drugs.
* The demand for more privacy, locking doors and avoiding eye contact are also indicative of your child abusing cocaine or another substance.
* Unexplainable and confusing changes in his or her personality or attitude.
* Periods of unusual hyperactivity or irritability.
* Appears fearful, withdrawn, anxious, or paranoid without any apparent reason.
How to handle a drug addict child? Act quickly to help a drug addict son or a drug addict daughter end drug abuse early.
There is effective and swift action you can take if you find your son or daughter abusing cocaine or other dangerous drugs. There are many rehabilitation options available for your drug addict son or your drug addict daughter that include residential programs to outpatient services that will allow your child to come home, work, and attend school regularly. Often, a combination of therapies is the best way to help a drug addict son or a drug addict daughter effectively. Making sure you choose the right program that provides the necessary help is key.
Cocaine is a powerful stimulant and it is highly addictive, so acting fast to stop the abuse is essential to protect your child from possible heart attack, stroke, seizure and other side effects that can potentially be fatal. If you want to learn how to handle a drug addict child, seek advice from your family physician or an addiction specialist who can guide you in the right direction for getting immediate help.
Treatment and Recovery Resources
- Alcohol Abuse Treatment
- Alcohol Addiction Rehab
- Alcohol Addiction Treatment Center
- Alcohol Center
- Alcohol Detox Center
- Alcohol Recovery Center
- Alcohol Recovery Program
- Alcohol Rehab Center
- Alcohol Rehab Near Me
- Alcohol Rehab
- Alcohol Rehabilitation Center
- Alcohol Substance Abuse
- Alcohol Treatment Center
- Alcohol Treatment Facilities
- Alcohol Treatment
- 5 Ways Cocaine Can Hurt You
- Behavior Of Someone On Cocaine
- Cocaine Abuse Facts
- Cocaine Addiction Symptoms
- Cocaine Recovery Process
- Cocaine Rehab
- Cocaine Withdrawal Side Effects
- Consequences Of Teen Caught With Cocaine
- Drug Abuse Rehabilitation
- Drug Addiction Rehab
- Drug And Alcohol Abuse
- Drug And Alcohol Rehab Center
- Drug And Alcohol Rehab
- Drug And Alcohol Rehabilitation
- Drug And Alcohol Treatment Center
- Drug And Alcohol Treatment
- Drug Detox Centers
- Drug Rehab Center
- Drug Rehab Facility
- Drug Rehab Near Me
- Drug Rehab
- Drug Rehabilitation
- Drug Treatment Center
- Drug Treatment Facilities
- Drug Treatment Facility
- Drug Treatment Program
- Drug Treatment
- Family Counseling For Cocaine Addiction
- Gateway Drugs
- Help For Cocaine Addicts
- How Do I Know If I Am A Cocaine Addict
- How Does Cocaine Addiction Start
- How Is Cocaine Addiction Treated
- How Long Does Cocaine Stay In Your System
- How To Help A Cocaine Addict
- How To Identify Cocaine Addiction
- How To Stop Taking Cocaine
- Intervention For Cocaine Abuse
- Is Cocaine Addictive
- My Adult Child Has A Cocaine Addiction
- Overcoming Cocaine Addiction
- Parents Guide To Cocaine Intervention
- Parents Of Cocaine Addicts Support Tips
- Signs Of Cocaine Addiction In My Teen
- Signs That A Loved One Is Addicted To Cocaine
- So You Think You Are Addicted To Cocaine
- Teenager Cocaine Abuse
- Telltale Signs Of Cocaine Abuse
- The Science Behind Cocaine Addiction
- Treatment For Cocaine Addiction
- What Are The Detrimental Effects Of Cocaine Addiction
- What Increases The Risk Of Cocaine Abuse
- What Is Cocaine Addiction Treatment Like
- What Is Cocaine Detox Like
- What To Do If Your Son Or Daughter Abuses Cocaine
- What To Expect During Cocaine Abuse Recovery
- 6 Tips For Confronting Your Teen
- Addiction Rehab Center
- Co Occuring Diagnosis Treatment Centers
- Detox Treatment Center
- Dual Diagnosis Facilities
- Dual Diagnosis Rehab
- Dual Diagnosis Treatment Center
- Dual Diagnosis Treatment Facility
- Dual Diagnosis Treatment Program
- Dual Diagnosis Treatment
- Dual Diagnosis With Cocaine Addiction
- Heroin Rehab Center
- Heroin Rehab
- Heroin Treatment Center
- Heroin Treatment
- Holistic Addiction Treatment Centers
- How Long Is Rehab And When Should I Go
- How Much Does Cocaine Addiction Rehab Cost
- How To Find The Right Treatment Center
- How To Help Your Child Stay Clean After Rehab
- Inpatient Alcohol Rehab Center
- Inpatient Alcohol Rehab
- Inpatient Alcohol Treatment Center
- Inpatient Alcohol Treatment
- Inpatient Drug Rehab Center
- Inpatient Drug Rehab Program
- Inpatient Drug Rehab
- Inpatient Drug Rehabilitation
- Inpatient Drug Rehabs
- Inpatient Drug Treatment Center
- Inpatient Or Outpatient
- Inpatient Rehab Center
- Inpatient Rehab
- Inpatient Rehabs
- Inpatient Substance Abuse Treatment
- Inpatient Treatment Center
- Insurance Coverage
- Local Vs Out Of State Treatment
- Meth Rehab
- Opiate Rehab
- Recovery Center
- Recovery Program
- Rehab Center Near Me
- Rehab Center
- Rehab Clinic
- Rehab Drug Treatment
- Rehab Facility
- Rehab Options For Children Teens And Young Adults
- Rehab Treatment Center
- Substance Abuse Program
- Substance Abuse Rehab Center
- Substance Abuse Rehab Program
- Substance Abuse Rehab
- Substance Abuse Rehabs
- Substance Abuse Treatment Center
- Substance Abuse Treatment Facility
- Substance Abuse Treatment Program
- Substance Abuse Treatment
- Support During Recovery
- Treatment Center
- What Is The Difference Between Tolerance
- Words Of Encouragement For Someone In Rehab
- Xanax Rehab